Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful Day 28

Sorry folks, I've been pretty busy!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Family and Friends.

Today I am thankful for family.  And not just mine, my husband's too.  We really lucked out in that department.  Sure there are arguments or drama every once in awhile, but when you need them, they're there.

When we lost Dylan, they did too.  It was harder for others to call and/or check in with us, as it was painful for them.  We understand that.  And this post is by no means blasting the members that didn't, so please don't take it that way.

It was right around this time of year, last year when my phone rang.  Usually it beeps, signaling a text message. I am a BIG texter and that's putting it mildly.  So I was surprised to hear the actual ringtone.  I looked at the caller id, and it was my cousin Greg.  Greg and I have talked about how we feel like we have more of a big brother/little sister relationship and that's still how I feel about it :) He lives miles and miles away.  And for him to make that effort, to reach out and call me at that time... still brings tears to my eyes.  I'm not trying to get all sappy. But it meant SO much. A simple phone call.  To ask how we were doing and coping with the holidays, and he even asked about Dylan.  People to this day struggle with saying my son's name in front of me.  So Greg :) Thank you, I love you and I'm mad as hell you aren't coming home for Christmas ;)

I think people rely too much on technology with emails and texting.  Simple phone calls are now a hassle or a pain in the ass to do.  But that simple gesture can make someone else's day, or week.  

So try to remember that the next time a family member or a friend are going through something, or even just because...pick UP the phone and DIAL the number.

Love to you all, take care of yourselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment