Friday, November 16, 2012

Thankful Day 16

Today I am thankful for "newer" friends :)

In December 2010, I decided to join  a group of women on the bump, more specifically The September 2011 birth club (as we were all due in Sept).  Little did I know at the time, how important these women would become.

With over 300 women in the group, there was always a fair share of drama and craziness... I mean come on, 300 pregnant women??? Hello hormones! But aside from the drama, this group became a HUGE source of support to each other.  57 of them joined our March of Dimes team and walked in their cities, wearing Dylan tshirts. And many that didn't walk, donated to our team.  They sent me cards at Christmas time, flowers on Mother's day, and showered me with love on Dylan's birthday.

If you remember, I am very vocal about how some people avoid us like the plague because they don't want to be reminded that bad things happen to good people, or because they don't know what to say.

Did it stop these women?? Most of whom have never met me face to face. No.

They were a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and even without being able to physically, a daily bear hug.

I am still in touch with many of these women, as we still have an active board going.  Some days it's incredibly hard to see where Dylan would and should be in his life, and sometimes it's healing.  There's still drama from time to time, but when there's someone in need--from help for a photo contest, to raising money for women who are having tough times--this group of women rally together.  It truly is amazing to be apart of such a wonderful group of women and I'm proud to know them. I hope that I am able to meet more of them, in person as time goes on.

So thanks Peas <3 I hope that you all realize how special this group is and embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment