Thursday, October 25, 2012

Minnie Mouse

I mean how cute is she?!?
I was VERY excited when we FINALLY saw Minnie!


So to fill everyone in, since we were a 2012 top 10 family team for March of Dimes, we were invited to  a Volunteer Conference in Orlando (hence Minnie).  We met some very inspiring people and can't wait to "Join Forces" with them in our efforts.  We were able to brainstorm with other family teams and come up with some new ideas and also air out any complaints or concerns we had. Our biggest complaint was that we didn't feel that MOD was using the family teams to their full advantage.  After all, our babies, our children, and our stories are the heart and sole of their mission.  Not Kmart.  But THANK YOU Kmart for all of your help and it is AMAZING that you've donated over $100 Million over the years, AMAZING.  But why did you walk? Because of Kmart? Or because of Dylan?

If any of you have suggestions as to how to get family teams heard louder, PLEASE tell us! Leave comments!! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!


Don't forget about our plan to get Kopp's to get MOD a special flavor!!!!
See plan here: http://devoted2dylan.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-kopps-plan.html

and feel free to tell us what you said to fill in the blank of why you're helping us!! :) We'd love to hear!

And Diana, I love you :http://thebabybowers.blogspot.com/2012/10/inspired-to-run-first-5k.html

3 comments:

  1. Between your smile and Patrick's hat, I don't even notice the cuteness of Minnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member/supporter of a local March of Dimes family team, Devoted to Dylan. I joined/supported the team because I am inspired by the strength and love Patrick and Jen radiate. Hearing about Dylan motivates me every day to be a better member of society, a more patient wife, and a more loving mother who always remembers that not everyone gets to experience the highs and lows of parenthood. Before hearing their story, I did not have a charity of choice; I supported several, but never became very involved. Patrick and Jen have motivated me to spread the word about Dylan and the March of Dimes. I live hundreds of miles from them, but that will not stop me from telling their story, promoting March of Dimes, and encouraging others to join me in the fundraising effort. In my growing story about Dylan, I would love to tell people about a local custard shop that supported a member of its community by creating a flavor to commemorate the March of Dimes. The Devoted to Dylan March of Dimes team's 2012 fundraising efforts made them not only #1 in Milwaukee, but also #1 in Wisconsin and #9 in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnie couldn't believe how awesome that hat was. She was speechless!

    ReplyDelete