Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy shopping!

Well, the submission is in...They will let the people who were selected know Oct 15th.

School started and well, I've got one nervous breakdown done.

So the other things I like doing...you know couponing/saving money etc.

Well here's an easy AWESOME deal that I came up with.  (The deal was because of Colin at Hip2Save - I love her and her site! My deal is different than Collin's but it's because of her that I knew about it!

First, if you haven't heard of ibotta YOU NEED TO DO IT! You need a smart phone though!

then you sign up : here

Ok got that done! ....easy, right?

Ok so you have to go through the app and "select" the deals you want to earn money for.
Example:

so look at the simply orange pic on the left.  You watch a video/take a poll etc to rank up what you will earn back. Once that is done, you go shopping at select retailers. There are a TON of retailers, scroll through to make sure you are shopping at these stores to use this app. This is simple on it's own. The deal below is more complex, but it's because of the added bonuses and it's SO worth it! If you are scared, maybe don't try the deal below. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed and give up! I want you to save money!

On to the crazy-I-can't-believe-this-is-all-FREE deal

Select the:
Scott toilet paper, scott paper towel/palmolive, cottenelle, Kleenex, Kleenex towel/soft soap, Huggies diapers, huggies wipes, scott naturals, poise and u by Kotex deals.

Next go shopping!

I went to Walmart.  And I took KMART's ad with me for some price matching.

I bought:

- Huggies Diapers jumbo packs $8.97
- Huggies Wipes $1.97
- Softsoap hand soap 8.5 oz $2.27
- Kleenex Hand Towels $2.67
- Scott Paper Towels 6pk $5 *PRICE MATCH
- Palmolive 25 oz dish soap $2.47
- Scott bath tissue EXTRA SOFT 12-pack $5 *PRICE MATCH
- Scott Natural Cleansing Wipes $1.96
- Kleenex facial tissue 4pk $5 *PRICE MATCH
- Cottenelle toilet paper 12pk $5 *PRICE MATCH
-Cottenelle Flushable wipes 42ct $1.96

(the items that we can't use, I donate or give as a gift-like the diapers and wipes went to a gift for my co-worker :) )

Total = $42.27

I used the $3/1 Huggies Diapers coupon found in the 8/18 SS (SMART SOURCE)
 the $0.50 Huggies wipes coupon found in the 8/18 SS
 the $1/1 Kleenex hand towels coupon found here
 the $0.75 Scott paper towels coupon found in the 8/11 SS
 the $1/1 Kleenex facial tissue coupon found here 

I paid = $35.39 OOP (Out of pocket) incl tax

Then I submitted my receipt to ibotta (it takes a picture of your receipt and you have to scan the UPC from each item)

The NEXT day (this is important for one of the those bonuses! they need to be submitted on TWO DIFFERENT days!)

I bought:
Buy U by Kotex tampons 18-ct $3.97
Buy Poise pantiliners, 36-ct $2.72

Total = $6.69 
I used  the $1.50/1 U by Kotex coupon found here
and the $2/1 Poise Product coupon found here

I paid = $3.56 OOP

and then submitted my receipt and scanned the two barcodes. 
And I earned my money back:

Earn $1.50 back via Ibotta for buying Huggies diapers (any variety – any size)
Earn $0.75 back via Ibotta for buying Huggies wipes (40 ct or larger)
Earn $1.50 back via Ibotta for buying Kleenex hand towels and Softsoap Brand
Earn $1.00 back via Ibotta  for buying Cottonelle toilet paper and flushable wipe
Earn $0.75 back via Ibotta  for buying Scott paper towels and Palmolive dish soap
Earn $0.75 back via Ibotta  for buying Scott bathroom tissue (8-pack or larger)
Earn $1 back via Ibotta  for buying Scott cleansing wipes tub or refill (51 pk or larger)
Earn $1 back via Ibotta  for buying Scott facial tissue (3-pack or larger)
Earn $2 via Ibotta  for buying the items included in the Hug Your Baby Bonus (click on “Bonuses”)
Earn $3 via Ibotta  for buying the items included in the Freshen Up Bonus (click on “Bonuses”)
Earn $3 via Ibotta  for buying the items included in the Kitchen & Bath Bonus (click on “Bonuses”)
Earn $1.25 back via Ibotta  for buying Poise pads and liners (excludes 10-16 pk)
Earn $0.75 back via Ibotta  for buying U by Kotex tampons or pads (any size – any variety)
Earn $5 back via Ibotta  for buying items included in the Autumn Stock Up Bonus (click on “Bonuses”)
Earn $20 back via Ibotta  for buying 10 participating items in the Offers Bonus (click on “Bonuses”)
Total earned with Ibotta offers = $44

So. let's recap.

$35.39 OOP (day 1) +$3.56 OOP (day 2) -$44 (money earned from ibotta) = 
-$5.05! 

I MADE $5! :)


All this and I made $5!

Please keep in mind that ibotta offers change and are only available in limited numbers.

Helpful hints:
You can check to make sure the item in your cart will work for the deal. If you have the app open and are looking at the product (look at the picture above with the simply orange) you will see a green barcode button on the right. Click on that and it will have you scan the UPC. It will tell you if it's a match or not!





No comments:

Post a Comment