Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Walk for Hope

Last Saturday, Patrick and I went down to Milwaukee's lakefront and walked beside other families that had lost a child.  This event was created and organized by a family that lost their precious Hannah, after only 6 days here on earth. To read more about their story: http://www.lifestorynet.com/memoryfolders/51945file3.pdf

It was a beautiful day, hot, but the sun was shining down as we introduced ourselves to other families, made t-shirts and photo buttons with our sweet boy's picture.




We were able to write messages to our children and tie them to a balloon that we all released at the same time.  This was the most emotional part for me.  Seeing all those balloons, and realizing that all those balloons were meant for the children that all left too soon was really difficult.  It's not fair.






I recently heard this song on the radio and burst into tears. These lyrics really stuck out: 

"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me"





I miss you sweet boy, and I'll end with daddy's new slogan.  You're always on mind, forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment