Thursday, July 17, 2014

My oil of the week...PEPPERMINT




So I posted that I believe in the oils :) I've had friends and former co-workers using the oils and saying how great they were and I thought I'd waited long enough, so I jumped in right away and bought the premium kit. I'm so glad I did because I'm able to play around with 11 different oils. This week, I'm highlighting peppermint and how it's helped me.

I get the occasional headache, I don't suffer from them often. But when I do, I try everything else before taking anything (Tylenol/ibuprofen).  I'm sure some people think, oh just take it and stop feeling miserable...but I would rather know WHY I have a headache. 9 times out of 10 I needed to drink some more water, and the headache goes away.  For the 1/10, I will take something. But not anymore! Lately all I've been doing is rubbing a drop of peppermint on my temples/forehead and it takes all the discomfort away!

My co-worker mentioned that he really enjoyed a drop of peppermint in his water, and I read that it can help motivate/energize you for a work-out...so I added a drop to my water bottle at the gym last night.  I felt like I had more energy and was able to push harder in my class than usual. I take this same class at the same time of day on the same week, so there isn't much variation in that... But I felt great during and after class! I will def be doing that again!

There is some debate over the different companies of essential oils out there.  All I can tell you is to do your own research so that you are comfortable using the products on/in your and your family's bodies. I really love Young Living's Seed to Seal guarantee and I've only heard great things about this company. Just take care of yourself, and read labels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment