Wednesday, August 7, 2013

words can be healing

Someone shared this poem and picture on my facebook page today and I haven't been able to stop crying.  Emotions are high as Dylan's second birthday is coming up.  This is so beautiful that I had to share it.

"My Dear Mother:

I did not die young.

I lived my span of life

Within your body

And within your love.

There are many

Who have lived long lives

And have not been loved as me.

If you would honour me

Then speak my name

And number me among your family.

If you would honour me

Then strive to live in love

For, in this love, I live.

Never ever doubt

That we will meet again.

Until that happy day

I will grow with God

And wait for you."



Author Unknown




(It came from the miscarriage and pregnancy loss page on facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment