Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blessed

So we have been busy lately :)  Busy relaxing :)

We went to my cousin's wedding in North Carolina, and took some extra time just for ourselves to go to the beach for a week.  It's been awhile since the two of us went off to spend time doing nothing, and it was wonderful. We made it to the beach with a cooler of beer every day we were there. We ate some amazing seafood and sushi.   Even had a few friends meet up for dinner or a day at the beach :)

at the wedding reception



already REALLY miss this!


The next vacation isn't planned yet, but I already can't wait!


It's important to be reminded of what is really important in life.

We got home from vacation and wanted to turn around and go back.  Returning back to reality is a shock to the system.  And when there's something waiting there to slap you in the face... you need to remember your TRUE support system.  I am blessed with an amazing husband.  Sure he drives me crazy when he's constantly biting his nails, and of course we have disagreements... we are two different people, I mean come on! Show me two people that agree on everything that aren't completely boring!

He might drive me nuts at times (and I him) but he's my best friend.  We are open and honest about everything (even if it hurts) and we work for our marriage everyday.  We don't take things for granted, we cherish the little things.

But aside from my hubby, we are also blessed by the amazing family and friends that we have.  We were able to witness my cousin (more like big brother) get married to a super sweet gal and take part in their special day.  We went up to the McGraw reunion to spend time with that side of our family.  I pretty much missed both bonfires because I was in some pretty great conversations that I didn't want to blow off.   Hearing them tell us how they love us, pray for us, and that they talk about and pray for our boys with their children made my cup runneth over... we are so blessed.  I came home to a mailbox full of cards from friends telling me they are thinking about us.  I have a feeling that a little bird told a few of them that I was having a hard time recently... and they turned around to send me a little note reminding me that they are there, supporting and loving us.

Just take a moment today to think about all the love and support you have surrounding you.  You might not realize you have it, but you do. Don't take it for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Please come back to SC for another vacation!!

    And I agree....my love and support surrounding me has helped me over the past week or so. :)

    ReplyDelete