Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Return to Zero

If you've been reading my blog, you know that I openly talk about my children.  I will always talk about my children.  Older generations had a tendency NOT to talk about their losses and it was kind of taboo.

Well, I'm not a quiet person.

I WILL talk about my children as they will forever be my children as well as a part of me.  I have actually received so many emails asking me for advice on what they can do for a family member, friend, or co-worker that has lost a child.  It actually feels great to be able to help others help other grieving parents.



You may have noticed some different "profile" pictures on facebook recently like this:


(or just with the 3-1=0)

and wondered what it was about.

It's about a movie that is based on the true story of a successful couple preparing for the arrival of their first child. Just weeks before their due date they discover that their son has died in the womb and will be stillborn. Lives and relationship forever altered by the loss, they try to cope through denial, escape and alcohol, but nothing can save their marriage. And that's when they discover that they're again pregnant (from a last ditch 'save the marriage' getaway to Las Vegas), and must come together to face a turbulent and terrifying pregnancy. 

The movie is titled, Return to Zero







Yes, bring the tissues.

It's going to be a difficult and emotional movie for sure, but just think about what it's doing.

It's bringing awareness to child loss, miscarriages, still births...

It's helping to open up conversations about these beautiful children who left us too soon.

Please check out the video here: Return to Zero

I've become a local leader here in Milwaukee and have pledged to go see it.  They are trying to bring it to Hollywood and get it out there for everyone to see.  Please pledge to see this movie! Please help break the silence! Please help honor the memories of all the babies and children lost.

Go here to pledge!

What does pledging mean??? It is just you saying that you will see it. No money, or donation.  Just you saying, "Yes, I will see this"

PLEASE!

For those in the Wisconsin/Illinois area's please feel free to enter me as your local leader. Heck, you out of staters too if you want :)

Please help get the word out about this movie and pledge to help break the silence.



No comments:

Post a Comment