Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A few of my favorite things...

Did you have a nice Christmas?

Ours was nice, it was hard as could be expected, but we did celebrate better than we did last year.
We decorated Dylan's Autumn Blaze tree with lights!




And we were very bless with cards and many gifts this year.  But there was one particular gift that I can easily say is my favorite :)

Our little flower girls (Patrick's second cousins-KayKay and LoLo) with the help of a babysitter (and maybe their mom too!) made us this beautiful picture. 


I was of course a sobbing mess and hopefully I didn't scare the girls too much. I was able to get out the words that I absolutely loved it and that I loved them so much for making it.  Seriously the greatest gift that you could EVER give a grieving parent, is acknowledging their lost child. <3

I will get facebook messages or text messages from family telling me that their girls or the twirlies are talking about Dylan and Noah. And asking questions about them.  I know some people can't fully understand why we are now talking about Taylor, the baby we lost with a miscarriage many years ago. But Taylor is still our child.  The loss of Dylan and Noah gave us another chance to see that we need to continue to acknowledge our other child together. So Patrick and I tell people we are parents of 3 angels.

What was your favorite holiday gift this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment