Thursday, October 24, 2013

well there's maybe 20 of you

that check this without needing me to post it on facebook, so THANK YOU.

But that means I need to continue to entertain you ;)

So my birthday was on Tues...if you remember reading, I struggle somewhat with celebrating it now after losing Dylan so close to it.  But overall, it was a nice day.



Woke up to a hot breakfast that Patrick made for me, and a bag of chocolate yummyness from my awesome Father-in-law.  Came to work to a decorated desk and lab bench and bag of chocolates (thanks Polly :) and are you sensing a trend??? I like chocolate ;))

Received MANY birthday texts and fb messages as well, making me feel quite special.

Patrick took me out to dinner at a new restaurant (don't you just love going to new places?) where we shared a BOTTLE of wine ON A TUESDAY...but it was great!

Then came home where I got to open my presents :) Tickets to Who's Line and a really fun print and a very special perfume bottle from my awesome mother-in-law (yes my in-laws really are awesome, I'm VERY lucky) and a very much needed massage from my dad and stepmom!

here's the fun print :)

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.  Every day is hard without them, special days are harder because we want them here with us to share it with them.  But thank you for helping me feel special and for sort of forcing me to celebrate (not in a bad way...it sounds bad and I don't mean it to, but I can't think of a better word right now)


1 comment:

  1. <3
    Sounds like you had a good birthday!
    And I always looking for entertainment, esp reading about my friends' lives and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete