Friday, July 12, 2013

Lately

To follow up, I have started my poppy painting :) Still need to finish my thank you cards! And haven't started the baby book... but all in good time, right?

So holidays suck. I think they will forever now.  Even ones like the 4th of July and memorial day (as opposed to Thanksgiving and Christmas...the ones everyone thinks about).  It's a time to be with your family.  So it's just a reminder of what's missing.  NOT that I don't think about my children every second of every day, because I do.  It's seeing all the other families together, with their kids...the dads playing with their sons and the moms snuggling and kissing... it's hard.

But on the 3rd of July, I received a package.  Not just any package! It had Noah's Molly Bear inside!



Weighing 1# 13oz just like our boy did,  it was the best gift to come home to.

What are Molly Bears you ask?? They are a GREAT non-profit organization that makes bears for grieving families in the weight of their lost child.  They started because Molly's mom was given a teddy bear weighing what her precious Molly weighed when she passed away and it brought her so much comfort.  She was in support groups, like us, and started making them for those families and soon had so many requests that they started the organization.  They work and create bears solely on donations, so if you've got a spare $20, think about donating it to this amazing group!

Learn more about Molly Bears here


What did you do last night??

We ran in the Storm the Bastille event here in Milwaukee. It's a super fun 5K running through the downtown area.  I recently hurt my knee and had not been running much and the re-tweaked it on Monday night so I wasn't sure I was going to be up for it.  But I woke up thursday and felt great. I didn't run as hard as I wanted to, but I didn't want to re-injure myself!  But it was a lot of fun!




Are you going any fun runs this year??

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to run a 5K, and your knee does not hurt!!

    I am doing a Color Me Rad 5K in October, and I have a MOD walk in September. I'll probably pick up some more races, like a Turkey Trot or Jingle Bell Run.

    ReplyDelete