Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Movie Noah

My husband and I went to see the movie a few weeks ago at a budget theater. And we were disappointed in how Hollywood portrayed Noah.



Looking at other reviews, it's sort of a 50/50 toss up.

Things I liked:

I thought the way they showed how evil/devil can be found everywhere, in all of us.  They went back to the story of Adam and Eve, and the snake.  The snake was first shown as a green snake like the one below.



Then later you see a black snake emerging out of the green snake (or shedding it's skin) But I loved the play with the color.  From English I remember studying archetypes, and black vs white is a very common one.

I also really enjoyed the animal scenes, when the animals all came to the ark.  They were beautifully done and caused me to tear up quite a bit.

These pictures do not do the scenes justice.





Things I didn't like:

I really didn't like how full the entire second half of the movie, Noah is portrayed as a crazed murdering monster, to the point of letting everyone know he plans on killing his unborn grand child once they are born...



That did not sit right with me at all.

What did you like/dislike about the movie? Or did you not see it for any reason?


No comments:

Post a Comment